Second Life Jobs
[View Job Openings]
|Job Title:||Scripter for Social Combat System (not weapons related) |
|Date Posted:||June 29|
|Salary:||Negotiable before start|
|Hours:||1-2 month timeframe|
|Job Tags:||Scripter, Scripters, Scripting, Database|
|Job Description:||We're looking for a scripter to write a Social Interaction HUD for a new Sim. In terms of complexity and scope the project is probably fairly similar to one of the existing combat systems such as DCS, however the things that it will have to do are slightly different. |
* Allow players to give each other a "rating," and track how often they rate each other, changing the number of points if they rate more frequently. The points would be recorded to a Master database, which should have a web interface.
* Track several base stats and allow players to modify them. Once the stat has been modified it may not be modified again for a certain number of days. Stats (and previous stats) are recorded in a Master database which should have a web interface.
* Web interface databases have the ability to show selective (partial) information at different access levels.
* Simple conflict resolution. HUDS should be able to verify legitimacy and make a simple "win / lose" coin toss, reporting the outcome to both parties.
* Verification. A legitimate HUD should recognize if another HUD has been tampered with and reject communications with it.
Slightly specialized versions exist to be provided to Fire, Medical, and Police personnel for recording information to a central database. When pressed the HUD pops open an external web page and prompts for entry or displays information. We can reference similar systems in SL.
* Huds should be able to pop up a list of TP Coordinates, drawn from a master file inworld or on the web
* Huds should be able to repeat some external E-mail or Twitter information.
* Huds should have several hotspots that are pushbutton web links to external content. Nothing fancy about this.
* RESOURCE OBJECTS
Resources are unique prims. The sysadmin should be able to create prims and have them automatically logged by UUID into a Master Database.
The prim script should be able to send a message to the HUD verifying who the current owner is, and the UUID. Anytime this happens it should be recorded to the Master Database, as a change. The databse should allow us to see an audit trail of who has had the prim. The HUD should be able to verify the UUID of any Resource Prim aganinst the central database by touching it.
THIS IS NOT A FINAL REQUIREMENTS LIST